Don’t wait until there are significant problems to replace your roof; it’s much better to act promptly before these issues get too costly.
You probably don’t pay much attention to your roof unless an issue pops up. But your roof deserves a bit more credit and attention than it gets. After all, it does a lot to protect you, your loved ones, and your belongings from the elements and more and is a crucial piece in your property’s overall health and structure. Because of this, keeping an eye on its condition is critical, especially as time goes on and extreme weather passes, so you know when it’s time to replace it.
Learn more about how to know when it’s time for a roof replacement below.
5 Signs It Could Be Time to Replace Your Roof
- Advanced Age — Generally speaking, most asphalt roofs will last two or three decades. As your roof approaches its 20-25 year mark, start watching it for signs of wear and tear. If you aren’t sure of how old your roof is, a professional will be able to tell you about how old your roof is and if it’s nearing the end of its life.
- Soaring Utility Bills — If your monthly electricity bill is exceptionally high, your roof might not be doing its job effectively. A well-ventilated and insulated attic allows heat and air conditioning to be where it needs to be. Replacing your roof with a new one will keep your bills from soaring straight through!
- Lifting and Curling Shingles — Curling or lifting shingles can expose the inner workings of your home to rain, snow, and other harmful elements. Excessive moisture getting where it shouldn’t can result in shingles curling or lifting. Shingles need to lay flat on your roof so they can give the most protection against leaks and other issues.
- Missing Shingles — After intense weather, it’s not uncommon for a roof to be missing a shingle or two. While you’ll want to replace and repair these spots as quickly as possible, that’s not something you need to overly stress about. What we’re talking about is when so many shingles are missing, it begins looking like a checkerboard. If your roof is missing a large percentage of shingles, it may be time for a roof replacement.
- Winter Ice Dams — Is your roof outlined with long icicles or ice dams during the winter? It could be because your attic isn’t adequately insulated and lets heat escape. This warm air melts snow on your roof, creating moisture, which eventually freezes, resulting in ice dams that may cause significant issues that could require a new roof.
Contact We Do Roofing SLC
Is it time to replace your roof? Contact the professionals at We Do Roofing SLC. With over two decades of experience, our licensed and insured roofers can handle the job whether you need a completely new roof or require simple roof repairs. We proudly serve residential and commercial properties in Salt Lake City, West Jordan, West Valley City, Murray, and surrounding cities in Utah. Contact the experienced team at We Do Roofing SLC for your quick quote now!