If you’re looking for someone to tackle your next big roofing project, you may be wondering, what should I look for when hiring roof contractors?
Whether you just need a couple of leaks patched or you’re in the market for an entirely new roof, you shouldn’t just hire the first roofer who comes up on an internet search. There are a number of factors that should go into deciding if a contractor is a good fit for you and your project.
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Roof Contractor
- A local company – a local company will be more familiar with the local codes and ordinances in your area than their counterparts from a different city or county. You are also less likely to be scammed by a company with a local reputation to uphold.
- Good online reviews – there are multiple websites you can look at for reviews of roof contractors from their previous clients and where you can also compare and contrast pricing.
- Proper licensing and insurance – a reputable roof contractor should be both licensed and insured and should be able to provide you with proof of both.
- Full warranty – look for a roofing company that offers a full warranty on both the services they offer and the materials they use.
- Free estimate – most reputable companies will not charge you for an estimate. If a company is attempting to charge you just for an estimate, that is a big red flag, and they could charge you unnecessarily down the road as well.
- Choice of materials – a solid contractor will offer you a wide variety of materials to choose from for your roof.
Once you’ve found the right contractor, the rest should be easy. However, there are a few red flags to watch out for once you’ve already hired a company.
Red Flags to Watch out For
- The pressure to sign – watch out for contractors who seem to be pressuring you into signing a contract without reading it thoroughly, or are pressuring you to consider bigger projects than you had already planned.
- Refusal to show proof – if a company has claimed to be licensed and insured but refuses to show proof when asked, this could indicate that they aren’t being truthful.
- Tardiness – if a contractor is continually late or absent from work, chances are, they will not finish the project on time. As well as being irritating, this behavior shows a lack of consideration for your time.
Contact We Do Roofing SLC
We get it, you want a company that’s honest and has a lot of experience. With a 5-star rating from our customers and over 20 years of experience, We Do Roofing Salt Lake City is the obvious choice in roof contractors for your next project. We specialize in expert roof repairs, new construction roofs, and re-roofing for both residential and commercial customers, and we offer a wide variety of materials and colors for you to choose from. Contact our fully licensed and insured experts for a free estimate today. We serve Salt Lake City, West Valley City, West Jordan, Murray, and neighboring Utah cities.