Think you can handle roof repairs yourself? Think again! Today, we’re diving into why you should leave roof repairs to the pros.
Taking care of your roof and facilitating regular maintenance ensures that you get as much life out of your roof as possible. Property owners should inspect their roofs at least semiannually and after any intense storms, and, in the event of damage, schedule and complete any roof repairs in a timely manner.
It’s not uncommon for a homeowner to want to cut down maintenance costs; however, there’s a time and place to do that. Sure, pick up your paintbrush and roller and repaint your walls yourself. Go ahead and replace your bathroom tiles. Want to lay your own sod in your backyard? Good for you! But when it comes to roof repairs, which can easily go wrong and lead to further, costlier issues, leaving it to the professionals is best.
There are exceptions to every rule — well, almost every rule. We are standing firm in our beliefs that, no matter how much you believe indoor DIY skills or even a roof repair emergency, leaving roof inspections, repairs, and all other roof-related projects to the experts is one rule that stands true in all situations.
Still not convinced? Continue reading below to learn five reasons why you should always leave roof repair services to the pros.
5 Reasons Why Leaving Roof Repairs to the Pros is a Good Idea
- Safety — Getting on the roof to perform both inspections or roof repairs is incredibly dangerous and puts you at great risk of injury. Between slipping and falling, stepping on a weak spot and falling through, or even hurting yourself with tools, a lot can go wrong.
You can avoid these accidents and injuries by seeking the services and expertise of a roofing professional for all of your roofing needs. A professional has the skills to work and maintain balance atop your roof, as well as an in-depth knowledge of safety protocols, gear, and necessary steps to avoid accidents and injuries. Moreover, a quality roofing contractor is covered by insurance in case of an accident or disaster at the job site.
- Expertise — The key to making the most of your roof’s lifespan lies in expertise and craft. A novice DIYer taking on a roofing project will not be able to notice any underlying issues, like structural problems. Without proper training and experience, you’ll end up missing issues and making mistakes along the way.
When you hire a roof repair services expert, you’re paying for skills, training, knowledge, and experience. You can rest assured knowing your roof is being inspected or repaired properly, any “invisible” issues that exist can get tackled too, and, most importantly, the security and safety of your family is sound.
- Added Costs — While a DIY roof repair might sound like a surefire way to cut costs, you’ll likely end up spending more money than you originally planned. This happens because you have to purchase every piece of equipment, all the tools, and any other roofing materials you will need. The only thing you won’t be paying for during a DIY roofing project is the labor.
Moreover, a lot of DIYers get a few or more things wrong, which means you have to redo the work, or, like in many cases, you’ll continue to have issues or complications that will require you to hire a professional eventually. In short, save your bucks and time, and hire a pro to start with.
Professionals already have their tools and equipment and are able to source necessary materials thanks to their networks inexpensively. Not only that, but they have the skills and knowledge to impeccably perform roof repairs, getting it right the first time, which minimizes the need for future repairs.
- Extend that Lifespan — Depending on the materials used, your roof can serve you for five or more decades when you take good care of it. Whenever you need an inspection or a repair, and you bring on a professional to do it, you have access to high-quality service, equipment, and materials that will extend the life of your roof.
Regular maintenance, such as cleaning your gutters and roof, professional inspections twice yearly, and repairs completed by a qualified contractor, means keeping your roof in great condition. Only a professional can fix your roofing problems and give you recommendations on ways you can take care of it to maintain its integrity.
- Convenience — There’s no doubt that roofing projects, the big and the small, are a lot of work and take up a lot of time. And the timeline can lengthen in the event of bad weather and a lack of the necessary equipment, materials, and skills. Doing the job yourself means setting time aside and freeing up your schedule to get it done.
Hiring a professional means you conveniently continue your daily routines as usual while they work on your roof. Between the knowledge, skill set, and manpower, professional roofing companies are able to complete some projects in as little as a day or even a few hours.
In Need of Roof Repairs? The Pros at We Do Roofing SLC Can Help!
Are you looking for someone to help you with roof repairs? The experts at We Do Roofing SLC are here to help! Our team specializes in all types of roof repair services, partial and total replacements, inspections, and more. Found yourself in a roof repair emergency? We can help with that, too!
Our knowledgeable and skilled team is licensed and insured and is ready to help with all things pertaining to your roof repairs, gutter systems, and siding. With over 20 years of industry experience, our trusted crew is here to help you with your residential or commercial roofing needs, whether that’s a simple repair or you need an entirely new roof.
We are ready to help your property in Salt Lake City, West Jordan, Murray, West Valley City, and many other surrounding cities across the Wasatch Front. If you need help with a roof repair emergency or are ready for a quick quote and to schedule, contact our team today.